Don't miss the latest news of the Singapore Grand Prix.
Indulge in a potent mix of adrenaline and testosterone at the 2010 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX
Singapore, 22 July 2010 - As part of the S$5 million dollar circuit park entertainment line-up, Singapore GP is offering an added incentive for women to attend the only FORMULA ONE night race. Chippendales, the world's most recognised brand in ladies' entertainment, will be staging the "Ultimate Girls Night Out" routine from their sell-out world tour at the 2010 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX from 24 to 26 September.
The professional male revue is renowned for their perfectly sculpted torsos and highly polished routines. The diverse cast come from a multitude of backgrounds including medicine, construction, teaching and finance, and have performed to sell-out theatres across North America, Europe and Asia.
As part of a new clustered concept that combines F&B and entertainment at the Marina Bay Street Circuit, the Chippendales will be performing in a dedicated entertainment tent next to wine and dine outfits such as Hard Rock Café and The Vine, a premium wine bar. This area is only accessible to Zone 1 and Premier Walkabout ticketholders aged 18 and above. The Chippendales will be available to sign autographs after each performance.
"Last two years' attendance has shown that women make up a significant proportion of race-goers at the FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX. This year, we've enhanced the entertainment repertoire to further appeal to female patrons," said Sarah Martin, Director of Operations, Singapore GP.
"There will be two Chippendales performances per night, with the second performance reserved exclusively for women. The potent mix of adrenaline on the track and testosterone on the stage guarantees the ultimate girl's night out. However, if you want to bring your husband or boyfriend to learn a move or two then the first performance is for anyone over 18."
Singapore GP will be selecting one lucky ticket holder to experience this ultimate package on each day of the race weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Each of the three packages is worth S$3,000 and includes the opportunity for the daily winner to bring up to three guests.
The winner and their companions will be chauffeured to the Circuit Park, get an exclusive meet and greet session with the Chippendales and enjoy their stage performance from front row seats. They will also receive exclusive VIP After Party Passes and F&B vouchers to wine and dine at selected outlets within the circuit park.
Only ticketholders who have purchased any three-day grandstand ticket to the 2010 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX from 1 March to 31 August 2010 can take part in the contest. To participate, ticketholders just need to register their ticket transaction number (listed on the confirmation email or receipt) on the official Singapore GP website, www.singaporegp.sg. Tickets bought through Singapore GP's authorised agents will automatically be entered into the draw. Applications for this draw will close on 31 August 2010 (11.59pm, Singapore time).
Chippendales joins the list of previously announced entertainment acts for the 2010 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX, which include Freestyle Trial Bikes, Brazil! Brazil!, Studio Festi and DIV4S.
Singapore GP will be announcing the headlining acts for the main Padang stage shortly.
10 Things You Probably Don't Know About The Chippendales in 2010...
- They will be seen by more than 1,985,459 people worldwide.
- They will perform in more than 752 cities in the United States; 23 cities in Central and South America; 70 European cities; 8 South African cities; and 7 Asian cities.
- The organisation's 72 cast members will spend a collective 79,725 hours a year in the gym.
- The cast includes medical students, professors, realtors, web designers, entrepreneurs, business owners, photographers, videographers, mortgage brokers, military men, chefs, construction workers, stock brokers, singers, kickboxers and disc-jockeys, to name a few.
- They will wear out 1,602 collars and 4,223 cuffs
- They will tear apart 12,243 white Fruit of the Loom tank tops in performance.
- They will travel more than 180,000 miles to entertain women around the world.
- They will be photographed by over 2 million cameras.
- The brand celebrates its 30th Anniversary as the "#1 Male Revue in the World."
- Their calendar started the "hunky men" calendar craze in 1981 and has sold over 10 million copies worldwide.